Thursday, June 24, 2010

My new "family"


My hope, while here in México, is to find positive culture experiences. After 5 weeks with one family, I asked for a change. Though I do live further away (my walk time from school, since I ride to school with Rocí [pictured on left] is 35 "Fr Ben" minutes...which is a good clip in the streets), the environment is quite engaging. The family is a blast to be with...their attitudes about life and culture are great...Rocío (the woman in the middle...i.e. the mom) is a fantastic cook! Carlos (the father) is an ENT doctor and quite the runner...one day I'd love to run as much as he does...especially since he turns 70 this Novemeber and the son (Gabriel) who is great in conversation and loves fútbol. Not pictured are two other children of Rocío and Carlos and their families.

I live, now, about a 15 minutes from the mall "Las Americas" and the local cinema. The one theater is called the VIP cinema...apparently they have lounge chairs in the theater and the folks wait on you. You pay double for this "luxury"...which is about 90 pesos or about $9 American!

They are a great family...and I'm happy to be a part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment