Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finally Here!





Finally landed in the great colonial city of Morelia! On the first day (Wednesday, April 14), I started with a Spanish test - I could have told the school that there wasn't much to test, but nonetheless that took an hour, then I had four hour of classes, then an hour of orientation to the school, city and how the home stay works. I then returned to the house I was staying at for lunch, then back to the school for a walking tour of the city (which was about 2.5 hours). Afterwords, I returned to my home for another meal then about an hour of homework before going to my first professional soccer game. I returned home around 12 midnight.

The next day, Thursday, I had four more hours of classes, which whizzed by, then off to lunch then about 2 hours of homework - writing sentences and reviewing my grammar with my house assistant (mother).

Friday brought a tough morning - the grammar in my sentences was a bit off - I was missing accents or prepositions - small details, but apparently important! The afternoon I had a big lunch then walked around the city for about 2 hours practicing my Spanish. Found many beautiful churches - I'll post the pictures later. Started learning my prayers in Spanish. As you can see, I also went out on Friday with some other students. One of the fellows showed us his bugle he uses in the marching band he instructs at a local school. A couple of the students tried to play it...with little success. After eating, the 5 of us went up in las colinas (the hills) to see the city at night.

So far, all in all, I have enjoyed these past four days.

2 comments:

  1. Check out the public transit, I here it is pretty good, but then again perhaps walking is the better option as it looks that you are being very well fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete