Friday, April 23, 2010

me reflejo

Last week I did some work in the local oratory/chapel of the Cross. I concelebrated two Masses in Spanish last week with the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit. I did celebrate one Mass in Spanish last week - people at all three Masses said they understood me...I guess there is progress!

I usually practice my spanish with my neighbors or with the folks in the stores, asking questions about articles in the store or about the city. Last week I visited the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit and had lunch with them. I love the Missionaries - what a great bunch of servants!

During a typical day, I get up around 6:30, shower and eat. My classes start at 9 and end at 1pm. I return home, eat lunch, take a nap for about an hour and then start studying more Spanish. I walk the streets for about an hour to an hour and a half. I attend Mass after the walk at a chapel ran by the Missionaries about a mile and a half from my house. I then return home, eat, study and sleep. My daily prayer time is usually in the morning (I pray my prayers in Spanish) and before Mass starts!

Hace una semana que yo hago mucho en el Templo de la Cruz. Yo concelebré la misa por dos días y yo celebré la misa una día. Yo empecé conocer mis vecinos y tenimos más poco conversaciones, en total probablemente en cuatro dias, 8 horas. Un ejemplo, cuando yo caminé en las calles a las siete en la tarde, yo detenia en las tiendas y pedí una pregunta o un otro ejemplo, martes, yo visité los Missionarios del Espiritu Santo y nosotros comimos el lunche (la comida) y hablamos para una hora y media. Durante mis todas dias, yo tenia la comida con mi asistente "Rosalinda" y nosotros tenimos un conversación en español por una hora.

Entonces, durante una dia tipico, me levanté a las 6:30 y me bañé y almuercé y salí a la escuela por 4 horas. Mis clases empiezen a las 9. Despúes mi ultima clase, yo regresé a mi casa para la comida y conversación y despúes tenia una siesta por una hora. Despúes, yo estudié por una hora y recordé mis oraciones en español. Entonces, yo caminé las calles cerca mi casa por una hora y media y asistí o concelebré en la misa. Despúes la misa, yo regresé a mi casa para la cena y escribí 10 a 20 oraciones en español y dormí por la noche.

2 comments: