Saturday, April 24, 2010

Eating out on the Town


Last night I went out with a group of students at Baden-Powell Institute who were all English speakers, save for one. We all went to a local dining restuarant. The food was super and inexpensive (as usual for American standards). I ordered a combination plate that I thought would give me a broader range of what Mexican cuisine was like...it definately did. I had a tostada, enchiladas, and pigs feet! Yeah, they gave me two, I only ate part of one. Yikes!! It wasn't half bad, though, it was just the thought of what I was eating!!

Anoche, los estudiantes de Baden-Powell y yo visitamos una restaurante de Lapita. La comida en esta restaurante es muy bien y mas o menos barato. Para la comida, yo pensé que mas local es muy bien. Entonces, yo come enchiladas, tostada y jamón de pavo. No me gusta esta jamón de pavo. !Yo come un jamón de pavón no dos!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! This is a familiar site! :)
    Real Mexican food is a lot different from the American version ... still excellent in taste, though.

    I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Father Ben. WHAT only one pigs feet? When I was little my Ukrainian grandmother would bring us pickled pigs feet for Christmas. Yum-o always a special treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe me....the food is fantastic and yes, I only had ONE pig foot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Expanding your tastebuds! We used to love getting these at the "mercado" with my grandmother. She would wrap a napkin around it and we would be happy chomping on it! They have some great tiendas with pata de puerco in Caldwell & Nampa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K. You MUST try Tortas Ahogadas. They are fabulous if you get them at the right place. My aunt's house is the place. They drive down the street and get them and they are absolutely the best food on this earth. Give them a shot.

    ReplyDelete